Monday, October 27, 2008

Obama does NOT respect the Constitution

Barack Obama is running for President of the United States. Should he win the presidency how in good conscience can he take the following oath:

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.


First we have this quick little clip where he says the Constitution has a "fundamental flaw."

I wish I had context for this clip because if he's talking about slavery, then I agree that the Constitution was created with a flaw, but what's remarkable about it is that it also has built into it a process in which it can be updated. My guess is that his comment goes beyond slavery and is maybe addressing the Constitution's lack of wealth distribution.

Next up we have this duzy of a clip where Barack Obama again laments about the lack of Wealth Distribution and how he wishes the Supreme Court would require redistribution of wealth. What's absolutely remarkable in this clip is that he specifically spells out the purpose of the Constitution one minute in to the clip when he says:

It (the Warren Supreme Court) didn't break free from the essential constraints that were placed by the founding fathers in the Constitution... That generally the Constitution is a charter of negative liberties. It says what the States CANT do to you. It says what the Federal government CANT do to you. But it doesn't say what the Federal government or State government MUST do on your behalf.

Barack Obama says many more shocking things in this clip and I definitely recommend you watch it. This interview ticks me off to know end because before I watched the clip I assumed Obama simply didn't understand the Constitution, but he clearly does as this clip shows, but he wants to fundamentally change it (or atleast its interpretation). That's NOT change we can believe in.