Wednesday, March 12, 2008

From 'Brain-dead liberal' to free market capitalist

I just read this long winded explanation of how David Mamet went from being a self described 'Brain-dead liberal' to a rational free thinking Constitutional Conservative. It sounds like what finally converted him was the following:

I began reading not only the economics of Thomas Sowell (our greatest contemporary philosopher) but Milton Friedman, Paul Johnson, and Shelby Steele, and a host of conservative writers, and found that I agreed with them: a free-market understanding of the world meshes more perfectly with my experience than that idealistic vision I called liberalism.


This is the type of conservatives I hope can once again become the majority in the Republican party. Not the War-loving, civil liberty limiting kind we have so many of today.

You can read the full article over at the Village Voice.

No comments: